Sunday, June 21, 2009

Slip Slidin' Away







I plan to buy a book of my blog at the end of the year. I read where my friend Laura does this and I think it is a great idea. (That was my disclaimer for the following mundane post.) Our summer is "slip slidin' away" and I want to document how I'm spending it!
Things that happened this week:
1. Bible School- planting flowers, making cookies, puppet shows, lots of fun
2. Lunch at Soulshine with Sara and Addison
3. A trip to Yazoo City
4. Movies
5. An afternoon of Slip and Slide
6. A trip with Pam to Easely Amused
7. Father's Day- We made of movie of all our good times, put it to John Sidney's favorite songs and got him all choked up!
8. Riley picked out superhero pajama pants to give to my daddy for Father's Day and he looks so cute in them! I took my mom to see daddy 6 times this week and he had some really rough days. It's weird how the time of day affects what you see when you get there. He gets so much worse as the day progresses. Today was actually a really good day though. They had a gospel group singing and he really enjoyed that. I just about had a nervous breakdown though because both my parents have always said that they want "The Garden" to be sung at their funerals. (We have a really morbid family that actually talks about that stuff.) Well- wouldn't you know, the group today starts singing "The Garden" and my daddy who hasn't said a clear sentence all week starts singing, "And he walks with me, and he talks with me and he tells me I am his own.." Tears started streaming down my face and it was one of those moments that I think I'll always remember. We ended the day on a happier note though. As I was leaving he very clearly asked how the rebels were doing in baseball. My mom started telling him that Southern went to Omaha and I shushed her and told daddy that the rebels won the whole thing. His face lit up and he wanted me to put his red shirt on him for his nap. If you happen to see him- don't tell him any different. He'll sleep better tonight thinking Ole Miss won it. Sometimes you need to create your own happiness.
9. Waiting on furniture and all the computer hook-ups in the library so I am still just unpacking boxes...
10. 2 days of tech training- about AR, setting up the webpage and other interesting stuff...
Keep your fingers crossed that my shelving is delivered this week. I would love to have the library in some sort of order soon!

1 comment:

The Harmelinks said...

Oh Robin, The pictures of Riley playing in the water are priceless. I would LOVE to paint a picture for the Mannsdale library. THANK YOU for asking me. I am headed to Los Angeles tomorrow, but I'd love to talk to you about it when I get back. I have cute ideas already and I bet you do too! Have a great next few weeks! It looks like you are savoring every minute. Take extra special care of Sara and Addison for me :) I miss y'all so much, AE

Balloon Glow 2009

Riley's 3rd Birthday Party

KidsFest 2009

Stone's Fishing Party

The Zoo

Getting Riley's "Tonkles" Out