Wednesday, June 24, 2009

The Play Place







There used to be a commercial that had a jingle singing about how "Some days are better than others"....Today was one of those really good days. We slept a little later than usual, then went to the Play Place. It was nice to be a cool place out of the heat where Riley could just run all around and play with his friends while I was visiting with mine as well. Ashley, Kelli and I bumped into Shelley and Leslie while we were there so we had a pretty big group. We left and stopped by RTC where I picked up my brand new tennis racket. Then we went to McDonald's with the crew before heading home. When we got home, Riley climbed up in my bed and we snuggled until we both fell asleep and took a long nap. When we woke up, he played with his train table, read books to me and then we went to my tennis match. I lost but I played pretty good. As I sit back and reflect on today, I realize that one of my favorite quotes- "Don't forget the little things- One day you'll look back and realize they were the big things" is so accurate. I think it's days like today that I'll remember and miss when he grows up. Just a fun day with friends and my little sidekick....

3 comments:

The Hensons said...

ok...but a BETTER day would include a win on the tennis court! :)

The Carter's said...

Soooo Sweet!!!! That just made me almost cry!! We love spending time with ya'll!!

Dawn Lampkin said...

I love days like that! They grow up way too fast!!

Balloon Glow 2009

Riley's 3rd Birthday Party

KidsFest 2009

Stone's Fishing Party

The Zoo

Getting Riley's "Tonkles" Out