Sunday, July 24, 2011

Let's Be Honest

"My, how time has flown.  How did it get so late so soon?" -Dr. Seuss

I haven't blogged in forever.  I started thinking today that I need to start again.  I need an accurate documentation of John Riley at the age of 5.  But this time around, I am through with the bland, politically correct blogs.  I am kind of grossed out by them honestly.  It's kind of like on facebook when someone thinks that every single thing they do is newsworthy.  I mean, I do not need to know that you are about to take a nap, see a picture of what you are about to eat and I am so tired of you telling me for the 76th time that you are at the beach.  I hate that picture where people snap a view of their feet and the water.  I mean, Good Lord- it makes me want to scream-- "Whoo! Hooo!, Let's come up with a more original idea for a post, guys." (For the record, I have posted that picture myself, along with Zac Brown lyrics about being Knee Deep in the water, etc. but since summer is drawing to a close and my beach trips are over- I am filled with a jealous and venomous anger at anyone still there and rubbing it in my face.)

Anyway- this blog is changing.  I am going to say what I am feeling in the moment.  If it offends you, please block me, de-friend me, do what you must.  Because as Doc Holliday would say in his wonderful sarcastic way with a sly wink, "Why I just couldn't bear it if we weren't friends."

1 comment:

Kristy Jones said...

Steven said this post is very mean and you should take it off.

Balloon Glow 2009

Riley's 3rd Birthday Party

KidsFest 2009

Stone's Fishing Party

The Zoo

Getting Riley's "Tonkles" Out