Sunday, July 24, 2011

Army Men Galore

The summer has flown by.  Between baseball camp, swimming lessons, 2 beach trips and a trip to NOLA....we are so off our routine that I don't know what is going to happen those first few days when the alarm clock goes off.  Starting to worry about how kindergarten is going to go.  Will he cry?  Will it be worse because I am at school with him?  He doesn't seem to grasp that I am going to be there but I am going to be in the library with other kids and not always him.  It's going to be a big transition.....for both of us.  I need to put pics up from some of our summer stuff but I am too lazy.  It's raining and I have only checked things off my "thought about doing today" list.  I am busy working on a new low intensity cardio program that requires me to lie perfectly still and nap on Sunday afternoons.  :)

Confession:  I am always in awe when people put pictures of their house with the bed made up perfectly and everything neat and in order.  I can't navigate through our living room barefooted without suffering the wrath of stepping on a army man (and those things hurt).  Anyway- I took pictures of our house in its current state- clothes that are clean and folded but stacked on the dresser instead of put away, a Chick-fil-a cup from yesterday sitting on the end table, etc.  and thought about putting a slideshow of my own up.  Once again, the nap is going to win over that project though.  I see the perfect houses and the posed pictures and what it screams to me is superficial.  I think of this poem when I see the glossy, perfect outfits and homes.

I hope my children will look back on today
And see a mother who had time to play.
There will be years for cleaning and cooking
But children grow up while we're not looking.
Dusting and scrubbing can wait 'till tomorrow
For babies grow fast we learn to our sorrow.
So quiet down cobwebs and dust go to sleep
I'm rocking my baby and babies don't keep.


 
So if I offended you- I'm sorry.  I actually really haven't even read your blog.  I've been too busy playing with army men.  :)

1 comment:

Kristy Jones said...

Post the pictures!!!

Balloon Glow 2009

Riley's 3rd Birthday Party

KidsFest 2009

Stone's Fishing Party

The Zoo

Getting Riley's "Tonkles" Out