For those of you that read children's books all the time (like me), you will know the Laura Numeroff series- If You Give a Moose a Muffin, If You Give a Pig a Pancake, If You Give a Cat a Cupcake, etc. In all of these books the main character starts out wanting a muffin, pancake, cupcake or any item and after a series of silly events ends up wanting the same thing they did in the beginning- a muffin, pancake, cupcake, etc. You get the idea. Well- ole Miss Numeroff could have stopped off at the North house today and added another book to her saga. Riley woke up this morning wanting his bow and arrow that the Perry's gave him for his birthday. I was scared he would start pulling everything he owned out onto the floor and make a huge mess so I told him that I hadn't seen it in a few days and that it would turn up later. I hoped this would be the end of it so I distracted him by letting him bake red velvet cupcakes which he dubbed "rebel" cupcakes. We played games, read books, watched Polar Express, and went over to Randy's. He dressed up as Buzz Lightyear and pretended that his daddy was a bull and rode his back all around the house. Through all of this fun, I thought he would forget the missing bow and arrow. Tonight when I thought he would be exhausted and ready to fall asleep, he was eerily quiet. I peeked in and found this huge mess in his room. I asked him what in the world he was doing (note: the upside-down safety goggles he donned for the task)- he calmly replied that he was still looking for his bow and arrow.
Saturday, December 12, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)






































No comments:
Post a Comment