Mommy needs Advil but any drugs will do! Now- John Sidney and I aren't known for our wise decisions- but Lord have mercy, this one may top them all. Anyone that has spent five minutes with John Riley can testify that he is a bundle of energy. He is in constant motion and is non-stop chatter and noise. What is the perfect Christmas gift for a child like this? You got it! A drum set!!!


So the past few days I have spent lying on the couch with a pillow over my head to drown out the noise. Our neighbors, The Tylers, have a new baby so I feel sure they are dog-cussing us. I am scared to make eye contact when I see Adam or Leslie.
Riley likes to announce his next song loudly before he starts playing--"Now I am doing Rudolph!"--BANG!! BANG!!! BANG!!! Cymbal crash! Bass drum! BANG!!! Then a half second pause "Now I am doing Sweet Home ALA-BAMA!!!" and the noise picks up again. All the songs sound the same. Imagine the loudest banging you can conjure up then they all end with about three hits of the cymbal. He gets a little outdone if you can't name what it was though. I mean, how could I not know that was just "Away in a Manger"?
I will forever have a different impression of the phrase "The Little Drummer Boy".
I will forever have a different impression of the phrase "The Little Drummer Boy".






































No comments:
Post a Comment