Thursday, June 24, 2010

When He's Yours- He Brings the Sunshine








I hate when I get really behind on blogging like I have over the past couple of months. We have done a lot of fun stuff and I feel like if I don't document it then I won't remember it and since I want to use this as my baby book then I feel like a huge slacker!
In May we went to Orange Beach and stayed at one of the Phoenix condos. It was still a little cool but really nice. John Sidney and my brothers took Riley to play golf with them. He looked so cute with his golf bag and clubs. He was even wearing a little golf glove. He got to drive the cart and that put him on cloud nine. What put me on cloud nine was the fact that I napped and read Jodi Picoult's newest book House Rules while lounging on the beach alone. It was pure bliss. We hunted for crabs, cooked out, ate way too much and had a great time.
T-ball started as soon as we got back. This was such a fun experience. We had some fun people on our team. John Sidney and Rob Deloach coached and we had a blast. We were the Diamondbacks or D'Backs.
Riley's first time at bat was priceless. He took forever and I was behind home plate trying to take a picture. He kept standing there and wasn't even trying to hit the ball. Finally, he turned around and yelled, "Did you get it, mama?" That little rascal was POSING for a picture instead of batting. Once he hit it, he took off....passed first base ..... and went straight back to the dugout! We laughed and laughed. They played six games and I think their favorite part was getting a coupon to spend at the concession stand after the game. Each mom provided snacks after one of the games and Riley thought that was the greatest thing ever. We can't wait until next year!

No comments:

Balloon Glow 2009

Riley's 3rd Birthday Party

KidsFest 2009

Stone's Fishing Party

The Zoo

Getting Riley's "Tonkles" Out