Sat. morning in honor of Father's Day weekend, John Sidney and Riley participated in the annual Father/Son Fishing Tournament put on by the City of Ridgeland. There were fathers and sons of all ages and it was super fun. I fished too and I didn't catch anything! Riley, however, caught 8 fish by himself! They put them in a huge trash can and took them over to Freedom Ridge to stock the pond there.
We went to the grand opening of the new Miskelly's in Madison. They were handing out $100.00 gift certificates at the door. How awesome is that? We had to get furniture for JS's grandmother because she is moving to the Orchard. I am super pumped about this because I adore her and it is going to be great to see her all the time since she will be so close by! We had lunch afterwards with his mom at the new place- is it called Hwy 463? Anyway- it was soooo good. Check it out. It is kind of across from Bonefish. Yummy stuff.
My mom and I spent pretty much all of Father's Day with my daddy at the nursing home. He is doing about the same. It is really sad to see him like this. On a lighter note, I told Riley to pick something out at Walmart to give his daddy and out of everything there, he chose wasp spray! How funny is that!!!! Also- My dad's roommate was looking at me and said, "Didn't you say you were some kind of teacher?" I said, "Yes sir." He said that I must be some kind of physical education teacher or coach because I am such a "Sturdy girl" with really big legs. I could just see my mom's shoulders start shaking out of the corner of my eye. It totally made her day and started me on a diet.






































No comments:
Post a Comment