Our days have been spent near the water trying to beat the heat lately. We have been to Shiloh Splash Park, The Club and we seem to live at the Cypress Lake pool.
Riley had VBS this week and he loved it. I somehow think he missed the entire point though since I asked him what Bible stories and songs they had learned and he told me that Bible School wasn't about Jesus, it's about Cowboys. Ummm...okay. I guess I need to head to the Christian bookstore because I need to set him straight on some stuff.
He is still obsessed with LSU and sleeps with "Mike the Tiger" each night. This still cracks me up since JS says he would cheer for the Taliban before the Tigers. I bought him a bright purple LSU cap that he wears every single day and JS is mortified that I would spend twenty dollars on something like that since I don't like them either. He is always muttering how embarrassing it is for him to be wearing that hat. Hee, hee.....
My three favorite things Riley has said lately are these gems:
1. Right when JS took his shirt off at the beach- Riley told my brother that we were going to have another baby in our family. My brother thought he was really getting some scoop until Riley finished that thought with, "Cause my daddy's belly is big." JS just shook his head and put his shirt back on.
2. He walked out of the bathroom at daycare with his pants down, pointed to his privates and asked his teacher if it was bigger since he has turned 4.
3. I got on to him the other day and it was one of the few times that I have been really mad at him. It was one of those days where I couldn't do anything right in his eyes and if I gave him a red popsicle, well he wanted grape. If we went swimming, then he wanted to stay home- you get the picture. Anyway- after one tantrum too many- I spanked him and chewed him out pretty good. He looked at me and said..."I have seen a different side of you today. I never knew you would treat me like this." I felt bad for a second but then I couldn't help but start laughing!






































1 comment:
i think grants party was the hottest day of my life...just now reading your blog....it makes me sad seeing the fourth of july parade...i miss all those cute faces...if it were up to me we would already move back. We miss yall!!
Post a Comment