
One of my all-time favorite vacations took place a couple of weeks ago. We went to the beach and stayed at this monster beach house in Watercolor. Watercolor is this cute community full of colorful pastel beach houses and people running and riding bikes. It is adjacent to Seaside with all the cute shops and markets. We went with my family and the Rea's. Riley's best friend is their son, Braxton. They are joined at the hip here but we hadn't ever taken them on a vacation together before. Well, watching the two of them play on the beach was priceless. This beach house was three stories with an elevator, a pool right outside the back door, 8 bathrooms---(I swear the showers were as big as my living room at home!)...it was insane!!! We went to the Red Bar, Zoo Gallery, the children's showcase of
Charlotte's Web in Seaside, Gulfworld, and just had a ball each day. We had read that the world's largest natural wading pool is at Grayton Beach. There is this inlet there that the Gulf flows into. It created this shallow area of water that was perfect for the boys to play and splash around in. It was so gorgeous and we did not have even a cloud in the sky the entire week. I guess the reason that I truly savored this week was the fact that I had the constant thought in my head of wondering how long it would be before the beaches were ever this beautiful again. The water was crystal clear like a swimming pool but you knew that the oil was headed that way because it was already in Gulf Shores. It is so sad to think of all the marine life and people affected by this tragedy in the Gulf. I hope it is resolved soon!
No comments:
Post a Comment