Sunday, April 25, 2010

Dumpster Diver No More


Okay- anyone who knows me knows that I love to see something sitting by the side of the road waiting for the garbage man. I have scored some cool barstools, lamps and a coffee table just by scanning the neighbors' trash. My name is Robin and I am a hoarder. Well- no more...I have survived an incident that has changed my ways. The other night I was coming home and there was a huge rubbermaid tote sitting by one of my neighbor's driveways. John Sidney said he knew when he passed it that I would get it on my way home. So when I pulled into the carport he was waiting with a scowl and his hands on his hips. (Draw the inference here that John Sidney HATES this habit of mine.) I get out of the car and he is just saying, "Why?" while shaking his head in disgust. I am dragging this rubbermaid tote behind me explaining that totes this size are probably 20 dollars at Wal-mart and I am going to store our Christmas decorations in it. He asked me what was in it and this is how a sick mind works...I hadn't opened it yet. I was waiting to open it because 1) I didn't want to be in the neighbor's driveway looking through their trash. I mean, a girl does have a little pride. 2) I kind of wanted to save it til I got home because for some reason and I realize how weird this sounds---I was coming home from Riley's baseball practice so I pictured that the tote might be full of cool sporting goods. I don't know why. I guess self-absorbed people think everyone is on the same page they are. ANYWAY- I get into the carport and flip off the top...it is a huge dead turkey. I screamed, my heart was racing, I ran into the house, totally freaking out....yelling- "Take it back!!! Get it out of here!" So John Sidney had to load up the dead turkey and go take it back to the neighbor's driveway. Do I have a good husband or what? So my days of going through the trash are over....well- unless it's something that doesn't have a lid....

No comments:

Balloon Glow 2009

Riley's 3rd Birthday Party

KidsFest 2009

Stone's Fishing Party

The Zoo

Getting Riley's "Tonkles" Out