

What a day. This morning it was really a God thing. John Sidney happened to be out at Mannsdale dropping some popsicles off to me. He was going to take my car to get the oil changed so I was only minutes away from not having a vehicle- and we got a call from daycare that Riley had an accident and he needed medical attention. So it was a blessing that JS and I were together. We flew to daycare and Rileyroo had been playing football and hit his chin and even though it wasn't a cut- he literally just busted the whole bottom of his tiny face. It was awful. (The sweet thing was that Braxton had been patting him telling him that it would be okay....that just chokes me up every time I think about it.) Anyway we weren't sure whether to go straight to the ER or the pediatrican- we've had stitches before but this was really big and deep....anyway we called and the doctor said to bring him straight to the office. Well- they took us straight back to the treatment room. They swaddled him, strapped him down and sewed him up. He screamed and screamed. I cannot describe the agony of that hour in the office. Anyway- high points of the day- his teacher came to visit him tonight. I think the world of Miss Linda anyway but that really touched my heart that she came over to play and check on him. If you look in the picture above, he is playing and acting fine. We have weathered another adventure in the "Life of Riley". While I was posting this, the nursing home just called and my daddy's blood pressure has dropped and he is not responsive. The ambulance is on the way and I am headed to the hospital...say a prayer.....

No comments:
Post a Comment