Saturday, September 12, 2009

Frog Giggin'











I have never been a big fan of frogs. I always bought into the notion that they give you warts. As a teacher, I read Frog and Toad are Friends and all the other cute frog books but they are still not creatures that I want to touch or hang out with. Tonight the North Family has gone to a new level of weirdness. Because of Riley's love of frogs, we actually transported frogs from Yazoo City to our Madison backyard so they could and I quote: "Meet each other and become friends". Riley and John Sidney have been catching frogs nightly. It is the new fun thing to do at our house. This backyard outing requires boots, lanterns, hats and nets. One night they caught 17 frogs and put them in a plastic baby pool. Anyway when Riley started seeing them in Yazoo City tonight, we loaded them up and brought them to our house since he obviously feels that the plethora of frogs in our backyard isn't enough. So- this is the kind of activity you actively participate in with a grin and a laugh when a rambunctious three year old owns your heart. On a different note- if you are ever in that area, try the buttermilk pie at Coleman's Steakhouse in Benton. It is out of this world!!!!

1 comment:

The Hensons said...

crackin' up at the imported frogs!! only at your house! but hey, now you've got a built in defense against mosquitos!

Balloon Glow 2009

Riley's 3rd Birthday Party

KidsFest 2009

Stone's Fishing Party

The Zoo

Getting Riley's "Tonkles" Out