Sunday, September 27, 2009

Happy Fall!


























Just a little update on the past couple of weeks:

  • Our afternoons have been filled with soccer and football games. These take place in the front yard between Riley and his daddy. Both games always involve lots of Riley tackling his daddy.
  • We have been visiting Pinelake so Riley can go to Sunday School with Braxton. I think it has been a good change for all of us. I have gone to FBC my whole life and I associate it with mama and daddy. I had gotten to the point where every single Sunday I was crying and thinking the morbid thought that the next time my daddy will be in that church is for his funeral. John Sidney would look at me and tell me to stop looking at it that way but I couldn't help it so I think a different scene these past few weeks has helped lift my spirits.
  • Riley has started wanting "a purple jersey" and talking about how he loves the tigers. This is killing all those rebel fans in our family!!!
  • Riley's favorite things these days are: The Backyardigans, pineapple, saying R-I-L-E-Y really loud and reading books to us. He can remember his favorite stories verbatim so he looks at the pictures and tells us the story each time now. He still loves the movie Cars and he has pretty much every car character except for Sally. He randomly sighs and says, "We ain't never gone find Sally". Great grammar, huh?
  • I have been working in the library every spare moment. We put a new floor in and my friend, Lou Anne, painted the pictures of the Grove and the Neshoba County Fair to match the new colors when we painted.
  • He loves his class at school. They are going on field trips, doing lots of fun artwork, and a fireman is visiting his class tomorrow. He is really proud of the tree I posted a picture of. He keeps telling me that he worked on it "a long time".
  • It's my favorite time of year. Love the weather, love trick-or-treating, and love this sweet little guy....


No comments:

Balloon Glow 2009

Riley's 3rd Birthday Party

KidsFest 2009

Stone's Fishing Party

The Zoo

Getting Riley's "Tonkles" Out