The Library Dragon is the title of the book I read to all the classes on the first day of school. It is cute story about a librarian who is a real dragon about guarding the books. I had a dragon's tail and was in a full get-up as I read it. Of course, this traumatized half the kindergarteners so I learned a lesson there. I have been learning lots of lessons lately. The first being that I am 100% out of my comfort zone. I had been at Station for 15 years and for those of you that know me, I hate any kind of change. Well- everything is changing for me and I am kicking, screaming and fighting all the way but maybe I need to just accept it and move on. I adore my new boss, love everyone I work with, so maybe I just need to take a deep breath and figure this library thing out. I am overwhelmed. I am tired. But I can do this...after all, without me- who would guard the books?
The other change this old dragon had to deal with this week was teaching three year olds in Sunday School. We also faced Riley's first day at preschool with apprehension. Riley handles change about as well as me. The pictures above are a mixture of church and school. His Sunday School class and preschool class meet in the same room so that is kind of neat. Well- he looked at me when I picked him up and said, "Mama- I LOVED school today." Now that is one thing that may make my dragon scales fall off...because (sigh) there is nothing a mama likes better than hearing that her baby is happy. I bet even mama dragons are like that.





































1 comment:
I have NO doubt you will be a FABULOUS librarian, just like you were a FABULOUS teacher!! It will all come together! Good Luck~ those kids are lucky to have you!
Post a Comment