
One of my favorite songs says, "Every new beginning comes from some other beginning's end". I can't believe that this chapter of my life is closing. I have changed so much from that twenty-one year old kid that walked through MSE's doors fifteen years ago. I have learned the true meaning of teamwork, friendship and that although when you are a teacher it seems like you should be the one teaching the kids- you realize that really it's all about them teaching you. All the major milestones in my life happened within the walls of "the Station". These were the people that were there through my grandmother's death, my mom's stroke, my wedding, and most of all- the scary, premature birth of the best thing that ever happened to me- John Riley. When he spent all those days and weeks in NICU, these were the people who showed up with meals, cards, support and prayers. They have been there for me through Daddy's struggle this year. We share so many jokes and memories that I will always feel like these people are more than friends. These people are my extended family. I think when you teach school with people that you share a similar bond to soldiers that went off to war together! There are about a dozen of us leaving to start the new school, Mannsdale. I get to have my dream job of being a librarian and an art teacher. I am so excited about this new adventure but still it's hard to leave a place that is my second home. The new jags down the road will feel a little nostalgic when we drive past the school and when we see the Station crew at Madison Central this August. Don't forget about us! I love all of you bunches!

No comments:
Post a Comment