A day at the ballpark equals a little bit of heaven to my boy. Riley thought he had to go to "work" with daddy and "Uncle Drew" today. He sat patiently on the Sand Pro and waited to get the fields ready inbetween games. After the crowds cleared out tonight and everyone left, we got out there and played ourselves. I haven't hit a ball in about twenty years but I think I shocked John Sidney as much as Riley when I started hitting! Sid and I had a bet that I couldn't hit one out and he won. I did bounce two over and I felt like I should get some credit for that. (Keep in mind that this is a 10 year old girls' softball fence though.)
Anyway, it was beautiful outside today and we had a fun day. Pam and I went to garage sales this morning and I got a great rocking chair for $12.00 that I am going to paint like the guitar above and put in the library. I got Riley a fire chief's hat complete with a shield for .50 and I thought it was a great find until my mom freaked out telling me that I didn't know whose head it had been on and he could catch the swine flu from it. Is that even possible? My mom is not the most logical person in the world but you know me and my treasure hunts....maybe it isn't the cleanest thing in the world, but the swine flu? Come on...Of course, I let him eat a peanut butter and jelly sandwich after he stepped on it with his running shoe. That didn't make her too happy either but it deterred a major tantrum and that's good enough for me. Here's a happy summertime quote I found while blog stalking...






































No comments:
Post a Comment