Sunday, November 16, 2008

Tonsil Trouble

Well the week we have been dreading has finally arrived. Riley is going to have his tonsils taken out this Weds. I have rescheduled this surgery several times and finally Dr. Payne has put his foot down and insisted that we do it. Riley has had strep throat 21 times and he is 30 months old. Isn't that awful? I think he is such a happy-go-lucky child but I honestly don't believe he knows what it is like to feel really good. From being born so early and spending weeks in ICU to having ear infections, tubes, a clogged tear duct, chagella, rotavirus, the flu, not to mention how many other viruses and a constant sore throat on top of that...I just feel so bad for him. I wish it was me instead of him. I count my blessings every single day that we have him and I know he is my little miracle...a true gift from God.
He is such a trooper and always smiles no matter what. When we were saying prayers tonight, he mentioned his "tonkles" and it just broke my heart. It scares me to think that he is so little and that a lot of ENT's don't even consider taking tonsils out until they are at least three years old. Please keep us in your prayers!!! I feel so much better knowing that Sharea's sister, Kellie Williams, will be his nurse. She assured me that they do this all the time and that it is no big deal. I know he will be in great hands. I am such a worrywart.
On a lighter note, My team played in the State tennis tournament this weekend. My 7.5 team lost to the Coast but it was so close. We won one court and lost the others in really close matches. We had so much fun but it was so cold and windy. I used to take tennis pretty seriously before I had Riley and then my priorities totally changed. I guess being a mom changes your perspective on everything. I know it has changed me in the classroom. I don't think I was a "mean" teacher before I had a baby but I think now I am always mindful that every student in my class is someone's baby, someone's world just like Riley is to me.
We went to Duncan's birthday party Sunday afternoon and I posted some pictures of Riley in the space jump. He had a ball. We headed to Edie's afterwards and I took some pictures of him and John Sidney watching the ducks at Johnstone.
Remember us in your prayers this week. We'll be h
ome eating lots of ice cream!

No comments:

Balloon Glow 2009

Riley's 3rd Birthday Party

KidsFest 2009

Stone's Fishing Party

The Zoo

Getting Riley's "Tonkles" Out