Thursday, November 20, 2008

"Tonkles' and a Two-Year Old

We survived Riley's tonsils and adenoids (I'm not sure how to spell that) being removed. Good heavens, what a day and night. Sarah told me that he would sleep all day because of the medicine so I put on pajamas and planned for a day of cuddling and watching Bob the Builder. Nope- I went to bed at 5 a.m. and we were back up at 6:30. He is so pitiful. I really think he is mad at me. I stocked up on every soft food I could think of from jello to popsicles to grits and eggs. Nothing sounds good when I offer it to him. I can ask if wants some jello. He says "no" then I can offer pudding and he'll start crying saying "I wanted jello" thus describes his behavior and how our entire day and night have gone. If I try to hand it to him he says "No, I want Daddy to hand it to me." I have come to the conclusion that he blames me for the pain and discomfort he feels, therefore all ill feelings are directed towards mom. Looking back I think I was grumpiest with my mom when I felt bad. She was always there for me through my grumpiness and whining. I always remember and appreciate that. To this day my mom is my very best friend. I think that's what mothers are there for...to hold hand, give hugs, put band-aids on scrapes and yes- to get yelled at when that popsicle isn't the right one.


2 comments:

The Carter's said...

Oh goodness.. that makes me so sad. He looks pitiful:( I hope he gets much better really soon.

Anonymous said...

I just can't imagine a 2 year old going through all that! But, it will get better and he will feel much better soon!!!!! Hang in there MOM!!!!!
Hugs and Kisses,
Aunt Kim

Balloon Glow 2009

Riley's 3rd Birthday Party

KidsFest 2009

Stone's Fishing Party

The Zoo

Getting Riley's "Tonkles" Out