Monday, November 23, 2009

Gobble! Gobble!








I haven't posted in a few weeks so I will hit the high points:
  • Daddy is still not doing good. He lost 10 pounds last week alone. Mama and I just ride home in silence crying pretty much everytime we leave. It is just awful to watch the Parkinson's just completely take over. There are pictures all over his room and if you compare the ones taken last Thanksgiving to this one; the differences are astounding.
  • We had a shower for Leslie and it was fun to see Madison Station friends.
  • Mom and I had a wreck and messed up my car. We got hit by an 80 year old man on the way to his birthday party. Bless his heart. No one was hurt, thank goodness.
  • I have been taking lots of pics for friends. That makes me happy. If anyone out there knows some photography tips, I need them though.
  • We have been going to Yazoo City a few times a week because John Sidney's grandmother from Missouri is living there for the time being. She had a fall and broke her hip.
  • John Sidney's other nanny passed away. This made us all so sad. She was a real character. I will always remember that the first time I met her she stared at me and said, "I'm glad you have straight hair. The last girl he brought here had that hair that looks like rats chewed on it." (I agreed by the way.)
  • Riley has been full of himself. Here are some of his latest quotes: When Nanny died, I explained to him that daddy was sad because his Nanny went to live with Jesus. He asked how she got there and I grasped for an answer and told him that the angels carried her. A long time passed and he walked in the kitchen and said, "I'm sorry you and Gran-Gran won't get to live with Jesus". I said, "Why would you say that?" and he innocently replied "The angels can't carry ya'll. You too heavy." Little stinker. He also has decided that he wants to be called "captain" and he no longer wants to play with "short kids" only "tall ones". Who knows how that little mind works???? Today Addison came over to play and Riley was trying to hand her a tennis racket and she said, "Why don't you pull up a chair and talk to me?" Isn't it amazing the differences in boys and girls?
  • I celebrated my birthday and I am feeling really old these days!

Happy Thanksgiving!!!

1 comment:

The Carter's said...

Just want you to know we are praying for you and your family!! You are one of my best friends and I love you dearly- I'm really sorry y'all are all having to go through such a diffucult thing!! It's been really good to see you lately, if only for a few minutes! Let's get the boys together to play soon, so we can catch up...or is Jack too short for JR:))

Balloon Glow 2009

Riley's 3rd Birthday Party

KidsFest 2009

Stone's Fishing Party

The Zoo

Getting Riley's "Tonkles" Out