Tuesday, December 7, 2010

Back to the Blog




I haven't written on here since July so there is no way I can really "catch up" on the past few months. Riley played fall baseball and soccer so that kept us busy. Riley had a Thanksgiving play at school and he has loved hearing all the Bible stories that Brother Mark tells them each Tuesday. He has started sitting in "Big Church" with us on Sundays and usually he leaves with the others when they dismiss children's church but last week he came right back in. I whispered, "What are you doing?" and he whispered back that he "had just stepped out to get some exercise for a minute."


My dad lost his battle with Parkinson's in July so this first Christmas without him is going to be really sad. I got my mom a locket with his picture and name engraved with a really sweet quote. I haven't decided if this will make her happy or even more sad.

I guess I will just jump in and pick up with what has been going on with us lately.
(This conversation tells you a lot about my cooking skills.)

Riley wanted to call his best friend, Braxton, the other night and it was about 6 o'clock. I told him that they were probably eating dinner so we weren't going to interrupt. He said, "Where are they eating?"

I answered, "I guess at home."

He was dead serious when he said, "You can eat dinner at your HOUSE?"

John Sidney started cracking up and said, "Yeah- with plates and everything."

No comments:

Balloon Glow 2009

Riley's 3rd Birthday Party

KidsFest 2009

Stone's Fishing Party

The Zoo

Getting Riley's "Tonkles" Out