Sunday, February 14, 2010

When You Wish Upon a Star











Wow...I can't describe how wonderful the past week has been. There were moments when I just started crying during a parade, or seeing Cinderella with her fairy godmother, or just watching Riley's excitement. He would have his fists clenched and just start jumping and dancing saying, "Mama, look it's the REAL Buzz Lightyear!" or "I see Lightning McQueen!" It was so real and magical to him. John Sidney and I had been to Disney before but never with a child and seeing it through a three year old's eyes makes that special place really the "happiest place on earth". I took a bazillion pictures and already put them in an album so I could label them while they were fresh on my mind. I need to make a slideshow with some others but the one thing that is consistent in every photograph is the smile plastered on Riley's face. We let him get his face painted like Jack Sparrow and he stabbed us with his sword a thousand times that day. He loved getting autographs from the characters and "The Lion King" musical. His favorite ride was the Buzz Lightyear ride and "Peter Pan's Flight" because of Captain Hook. I asked him on the flight home though what his overall favorite thing of the whole week was and he responded...drumroll please...."playing in the bathtub at the hotel".

1 comment:

The Hensons said...

awwww...how much fun!! i love that pic of him kissing you with the castle in the background. so sweet! i haven't gotten up the courage to take mine yet! give me a year....and then i'll probably be that paranoid mom that dresses all of her kids in florescent orange shirts so she can keep up with them! ok...give me 2 years!

Balloon Glow 2009

Riley's 3rd Birthday Party

KidsFest 2009

Stone's Fishing Party

The Zoo

Getting Riley's "Tonkles" Out