Sunday, February 28, 2010

Nothing But Net




We finished up "Start Smart" basketball this week. Riley didn't want to go at first but then he ended up loving it. I can't believe how fast he is growing and how time just seems to be flying by! He will start T-ball this year too.
I don't think it is just because he's mine that I think this because other people tell me this all the time, but one of Riley's best traits is that he is truly funny. My mom called tonight asking John Sidney to ride down there and fix her TV. Riley shook his head, put his hands on his hips and said, "I get so tired of fixing stuff all the time."
Another quote this week that made me laugh was when he was playing really rough in Chick-fil-a, I told him in a stern voice that I did not want to see him doing that anymore. He told me very simply to "just look the other way".
I was getting dressed to go to Newt's tonight and I heard him in the living room telling John Sidney..."She's probably mad at either you or me again."
He listened so still and quietly tonight to a whole chapter book about King Arthur and another one about pirates. Swords really have captured his attention these days.....Maybe I should sleep with one eye open!!!

No comments:

Balloon Glow 2009

Riley's 3rd Birthday Party

KidsFest 2009

Stone's Fishing Party

The Zoo

Getting Riley's "Tonkles" Out