We just got back from the beach. It seems like as soon as we leave- I start thinking about when we can go back. The weather was perfect and Riley couldn't wipe the grin off his face. The most exciting part of our trip was when John Sidney, Randy and Riley were fishing at our condo. Riley was sitting and watching on the bank while eating a big bag of cheese puffs. John Sidney happened to turn his head and see a real ALLIGATOR headed right towards them. He grabbed Riley and in the moment, Riley dropped the cheese puffs. The alligator came up on the bank, grabbed the bag and calmly went back to the water where we watched him chomp away at them. The whole episode aged me about 20 years. Riley, however, did not realize the seriousness of the situation. He just got mad that he lost his cheese puffs. The alligator hung around our condo the rest of the time and Riley named him Elmo. When we went to the store, he kept wanting to buy "Elmo" some more chips so we could go outside and feed him. Must be a guy thing because JS kept walking outside and checking to see what Elmo was doing. Anyway- the people at the front desk were going to call and get Elmo sent to an alligator farm and that was our topic the whole way home.
Riley: Where will they take Elmo?
JS: To play with his friends
Riley: Like me and Braxy at school?
JS: Yep
Riley: Why?
JS: He just doesn't need to live at a condo.
Riley: Why?
JS: He might hurt someone or a dog.
Riley: Why he gone hurt a dog?
JS: He just might.
Riley: He gonna paint at his school?
JS: Yep
Riley: He gonna learn to use the potty?
JS: Probably so
Riley: He gonna have snack?
(The questions and the "Why's" lasted the entire trip.)






































2 comments:
What in the world are you doing up at 4:57am? I aged just reading this! I can't believe this picture! I know ya'll had a great time with Riley...he is at a great age!
kbrasher
I nearly wet my pants reading that conversation!
I saw your NEW LIBRARY when I went home for Crosby's birthday. It is adorable! Sorry I missed you...Sara said you were at the beach.
We also met with Mrs. Walsh about a painting for the office. Getting started on it this week. Just finished paintings for the Harriman nursery.
So glad you had a great vacation! AEPH
Post a Comment