Tuesday, February 3, 2009
Feelin' Blue
I haven't been in the "blogging" world lately because my dad has been in the hospital for the past three weeks. The Parkinson's is so much worse and he has severe dementia. We went looking at nursing homes all last week and finally admitted him to one yesterday. I can really say without any hesitation that it was the worst day of my life. He cried and begged us to take him home. One of my brothers stopped by on his way to work this morning and daddy was still crying. My mom wants to bring him home but it just isn't possible. He requires more care than any of us can offer right now. We just all feel so guilty. It is awful. On a brighter note, my mom, Riley and I went afterschool today and he was calm. He had been to Bible Study and was about to attend Cinema Night. That made us all feel better. Please keep him in your prayers!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)





































3 comments:
Robin, I am so sorry to hear about your dad. I am saying a prayer for you this morning. Thank you for getting Sara in the blogging world. It eases the homesickness to keep up with all of you so easily. Thinking of you, AE
Robin, I am a friend of the North's. Phyllis was my first grade teacher and i think I babysat John sidney once or twice. we also went to church together. I understand what you are going through with your dad. I too, had to leave my dad at a nursing home crying. It was not easy but it was best for him. We all felt very guilty for doing that for him, especially my Mom. It was so hard but over time I think he understood that my Mom could not take care of him all the time. I am so thankful that we were able to have him in our live for as long as we did after he got sick with dementia and Parkinson's. May God Bless you and your family as you all go through this. Lytresa McGraw Williams, hjw3@cableone.net
Post a Comment