Wednesday, January 21, 2009

Hey! What's the Big Idea?
















For those of you familiar with the Imagination Movers, you will understand the title of my post. This anthem rings in my head all day long. I find myself singing about "the guys who like to figure things out" all throughout the day. I realized we had been watching the show way too often when I began to think Rich (the one who goes "rat-a-tat-tat) is really cute. Anyway, I took a picture of Riley watching his favorite show and putting on a concert for us tonight.

On a more serious note, thank you so much for all the prayers, cards and calls about my dad. He is still in the hospital and I truly think this is the hardest thing my family has ever gone through. I think Parkinson's disease is the most horrible thing imaginable. He isn't doing good at all and I feel so helpless. It is just awful to watch someone who was so active, always on the tennis court or running five miles a day just withering into someone so frail and tiny. He has always been the best Christian I have ever known. His New Year's Resolution every year for as long as can remember was "to be a better person" and my brothers and I always got a kick out of that. We would laugh and tell him that he hadn't sinned in about 10 years so how could he get any better? Even through all this sickness, he has the best attitude and is laying in his hospital bed listening to hymns and worrying about me driving home after dark. I don't think he realizes that he probably won't ever be going back to the house that he has lived in for the past 38 years. Please continue to keep him and our family in your prayers as we make these decisions about homes, rehab, etc. It is so hard to know the right thing to do.

1 comment:

The Carter's said...

Oh Robin, please let me know if there is anything I can help you do, with John Riley or otherwise! I can't imagine how hard this must be for you. We're keeping you in our prayers.
Love you,
Shelley

Balloon Glow 2009

Riley's 3rd Birthday Party

KidsFest 2009

Stone's Fishing Party

The Zoo

Getting Riley's "Tonkles" Out